delays, cancellations, and other slightly depressing things

Hello,

Has it really been that long since my last update?? It's been a slightly depressing summer as far as music stuff is concerned for me, what with the cancellation of the Foundation Festival and other gigs, and the delay to the EP, which has been sitting patiently in the Suburb offices since around January.. Still, there's some good stuff coming up soon, so don't give up hope just yet!

First, I have a track on a compilation from new label disco_r.dance, alongside such quality artists as the fantastic Tunng, dDamage, ardisson, DJ Spazmo, and the Doubtful Guest. I think it's due to drop sometime in october, and will no doubt be a beauty.

Following that in November, I should be playing a couple of shows, firstly at the foundry on nov 4th (full line up tbc), and then after that the replacement gig for all those disapointed by the foundation festival cancelation.

Hopefully the EP will be out before the end of the year too, but I'm guessing it'll be more like january or february now.. :(

Work continues on the next album, although it's still quite early.. Obviously, I want this one to be a step up from the last one, which is currently leading me to abandon loads of tracks halfway through writing them.. I guess I might throw together a bunch of these off cuts for an mp3 release or something, for anyone who's interested. I really need to update the tracks I have on myspace too! I'll start previewing stuff from the EP there soon, as well as putting up a few new demo tracks and stuff.

Oh, and there's still the video to look forward too as well! It's kind of got a bit lost due to the EP delays, but it's all completed and looking very nice, and hopefully we'll be able to release it on youtube and so on fairly soon (and also on a highly limited special dvd release of the EP... keep your eyes peeled for that one).

And finally, just wanted to say thanks to all the friendly people on myspace hitting me with messages of support and love. Stay tuned for more. Back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive